MA Green Communities
Guardian Energy Management Solutions offers a Green Community Road map program for schools and municipalities that need help and expertise in developing, designing and implementing their plan for achieving energy conservation measures.
In July of 2008, Governor Patrick signed The Green Communities Act (GCA) into Massachusetts’ law as one of the most proactive and effective moves of his governorship. Created by the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER), the act was the result of the active and nation-leading sustainability efforts within Massachusetts. Since its initiation in 2008, 103 cities and towns have been designated Green Communities.
In order to qualify as an established green community a town must make a long-term commitment to the sustainability of their town, including a 20% reduction in energy usage for school and municipal buildings over a 5 year period. Once designated as a Green Community a town must apply for grant funding with a prioritized list of detailed energy conservation projects. This process requires a great deal of work and commitment, and is often tackled either by volunteer committees or added to the busy workload of town employees. To help municipalities in Massachusetts with their Green Community goals, Guardian Energy Management Solutions has launched a new Green Community Road map program.
Click here to read the Green Community Roadmap press release.
Guardian Energy Management Solutions is a Massachusetts based company that specializes in providing turn-key solutions that contain, lower and control utility expenditures. Under the new Green Community Roadmap program, Guardian’s team will focus on school and municipal buildings as a whole to provide a comprehensive energy management plan that includes detailed information on each project including cost, estimated savings data, potential utility incentive funding and return on investment information.
Our energy reduction solutions include:
- No cost planning, advisement and development services for Green Community designation, initial grant and ongoing competitive grant submission.
- ASHRAE Level 1, ASHRAE Level 2 Energy Audit Reports designed to document energy reduction solutions.
- Energy Data Logging Services and Solutions.
- Energy Metering & Sub Metering to Track and Report Energy Usage
- Lighting Retrofits for Indoor Lighting and Outdoor Lighting.
- LED Streetlight Retrofits Solutions.
- Energy Conservation Solutions for a wide variety of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) Equipment.
- Building and system RetroCommissioning.
- Air and Water Balancing.
- Steam Trap Studies and Replacement Services.
- Energy Management Systems and Building Automation Software.
- Building Envelope & Weatherization Solutions.
- Low E (Emissivity) Ceiling Installations.
- Installation of Energy Efficient Motors.
- Variable Frequency Drives or Variable Speed Drives.
- Freezer and Refrigeration Controls.
- Utility Incentive Funding Services.
Guardian Energy Management Solutions works closely with local utility companies throughout New England to identify and implement energy reduction solutions. Guardian’s process is designed to save energy while driving down energy costs. We combine energy conservation solutions with available utility incentive funding to reduce project costs for our clients. By offering a wide variety of energy reduction solutions, Guardian ensures that all of your bases are covered when it comes to developing cost reduction strategies.